Thursday 6 January 2011

Holidays = Lulls

Well Christmas and New Year have been and gone and i have not written a single thing in longer than i care to remember. The worst part about this is that there is always so much to write about at this time of year and i've just watched it pass me by!

I could have written about the serious decline in soap Christmas stories, taken a look back at 2010 and what's to come in 2011, or just generally talked about world events- England retaining the Ashes, Darts over the New Year, the flooding in Queensland, the lack of water in Ireland, the poor girl found murdered on Christmas Day.

But alas, i have not. And now it is January the 6th and far too late to make any comments about any of these. One thing i will do though is tell you all of my new years resolutions. Yes, unfortunately, it is that time of year again where everyone lies to themselves about this year being the difference. For me, these are not resolutions, because that would suggest at some point i had resolved to do the opposite of these decisions. These are simply statements of things i intend to do with my time rather than sitting wasting my final months at university away watching re-runs of Friends and Scrubs!

So my plan is three-fold (yes that was a very subtle Friends reference):
1. I WILL get a job whether Manchester likes it or not- otherwise everything else will fall out of place.
2. Despite having a job taking up all spare time i will also put more energy into my extra curricular activities- the student newspaper deserves much more attention, especially if i do decide to run for Editor in April! I will also put more effort into Twitter, reading more blogs, newspapers and features and of course this blog!
3. I will work very very hard at all of my essays this year, no matter how much i dislike the subject, the reading load or the lecturers. Sociology will NOT drag down my entire degree mark thank you very much!

With this plan set in place i am unlikely to fail. That's what i will continue to tell myself anyway, along with 6 billion other people who have vowed to work harder, lose weight or dump that loser boyfriend!!

Over and out!

Gemma

No comments:

Post a Comment