Monday 22 November 2010

Archived Features from Salford Student Direct

I have been Features Editor for the Salford Student Direct for 15 months now and have enjoyed every minute of it.

I first got into it when i got the generic email from last year's editor asking if i wanted to be involved in the paper during my second year. I had only written one article in my first year but had wanted to be more involved.

I made friends with many people in the theatre company at university in my first year and wanted to write the reviews of their shows in my second year. I told this to the new editor and she loved the idea.

A few days later i was offered the position of Features Editor and had to come up with three original ideas for continuing features each week. Somehow i managed it and i haven't looked back since then really!

I've been blessed to have made friends with the two editors i have worked with and they have given me wonderful opportunities to see my own writing printed. This year i have even branched into news writing and got my very first front page just last week!

Below you can see the issues of the papers, and look out for continuing features "Top Ten" and "Rule The World", they are my babies!

Week one of third year, page four:

Week two, page ten:

Week three, page five and ten:

Week four, page ten:

Some weeks we have enough input from other writers to not need my input so in weeks five and six i took on a sub-editing role, rather than doing the writing myself.

Week seven, front page side column, pages two and three:

Week eight, front page:

Week nine, page six:

Thank you for reading again.

From now on i promise to only include links to one or two stories at a time, wouldn't want to overload my readers after all!

Over and out!

No comments:

Post a Comment