Tuesday 9 November 2010

National Demo 10.11.10

Hello,

It's been a week despite me having promised to write daily. In all honesty i haven't done a lot this past week. I'd given myself a few days off after working so hard towards two assignments. Then the weekend arrived in yet another blur of talent TV and sport.

The best thing that happened to me in the week was my first ever visit to the Theatre of Dreams! Old Trafford, home of Manchester United FC is my local football ground but i am an arsenal fan. I had literally ten minutes to decide if i wanted to go and despite fearing that the avid fans would instantly know i was "Arsenal scum" as one not-so-friendly 'friend' put it, i decided to go for it. You cannot pass up an opportunity to go to one of the best football stadiums in the country just because of prejudice!!

The experience was fantastic, even on the walk from the car to the stadium i could feel the atmosphere and it just got better once we were inside. They were playing Wolverhampton Wanderers and had a good team out. I got to see Paul Scholes play, although only as a sub, and even saw the tiniest glimpse of Owen Hargreaves before he went off with an injury after four minutes. I might even get to say that i was at his last ever game, which seems likely when you consider how much he has played in the last few years.

As for the rest of the weekend, i was as scandalised as the next person about the 'losers' of the reality TV this week. Treyc Cohen (admittedly her name made me sceptical about her intelligence) was cast out of the X Factor over whiney drama-queen Katie Waissel. Cheryl Cole refused to vote because they were both her acts and now there is talk that it was a vote fixing scam but i honestly think that cannot be because anyone with two ears and two eyes and see and hear that Treyc was the better singer and all-round popstar.

In Strictly one of the best dancers in the competition, Jimi Mistry, was sent home by the naive viewers. How Ann Widdecombe is still in that competition is beyond me, i sense a John Sergeant debacle all over again!!

And then it was back to the grindstone. I got my mark back for the beauty pageant feature, a very promising 64 with comments that my teacher likes my style and the choice of words i use which is great because i barely thought about the words i was writing so it feels very natural.

Tuesday is never much fun, Music Journalism is becoming somewhat of a chore but i am struggling on through. Tonight i am planning on going to bed very early, hopefully before midnight! And this is because i am waking up at 4.45am tomorrow. I know!

And this is because tomorrow is the National Demo against tuition fee rises. Thousands of students are converging on London to march on the Houses of Parliament and generally make some noise. I am really looking forward to being a part of what could be a very historical day. One day i hope that i can write "I Was There". I truly do hope this makes a difference because it is the future of the country at stake.

Over and out!

No comments:

Post a Comment